Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jasper to Birmingham


Jasper to Birmingham was my undergraduate senior project. Basically this was my life for an entire semester.
These are all self-portraits. I was inspired by old family photographs, the 1960's, substance abuse studies, and the Stepford Wives. While struggling with illness self-portraiture became therapeutic for me as well as eye-opening. There is a reality in my photographs that I think will speak to many women.



For more of this series and its process visit me on Facebook!

7 comments:

  1. Your photography is awesome, I need a photographer for some pics some friends and I want to do...how much would you charge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skillz.
    What kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the lighting with the subject.. those are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! I love the first one.
    Can't wait to see some more.

    ReplyDelete